Monday, June 1, 2009

Fun at the Cabin!

This past weekend we went to Gatecreek Cabins with our good friends, the Bentley's. Originally Brett and I were going to go to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversay, but when we saw the pictures of the cabin we thought, "How could we go to such a fun place without our children?" Then when we saw how many beds the cabin had we decided to invite friends to come with us! We had such a blast! Our kids get along so well with the Bentley children, and we think Chance and Lori are pretty awesome too! It was a nice get away, and we wish we could have stayed longer!



This is the "Forget Me Not" cabin that we stayed in. There was a bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom on the first floor. Upstairs were four more beds and another bathroom. The boys had fun bonding in one of the rooms, and we attempted to let Maren and Jenna share another room, but that didn't happen! They would not go to sleep! Too much fun to be had I guess.

Crozman, Dallin, Jared and Dane. I don't know if they are excited enough. What do you think?


Brett and I making out by the fire! I'm glad Brett was keeping an eye on the marshmallow so it didn't burn!


Jenna and Maren having so much fun playing on the fence.


Crozman and Dallin are such good friends a get along so well together!


Jared and Dane are in the same Primary class and were in the same preschool this year. They are best buds and are inseparable!


The boys loved the paddle boat and went for a lovely jaunt around the little lake. It was so beautiful!


Jared loved the whole weekend, minus being forced into the canoe. He was not a happy camper, but I think he enjoyed it more once he was in for awhile. However, I don't think he'd never admit it! Hmm, I wonder where he gets his fear of water? It couldn't possibly be from his mother! =)


Jenna, Dallin and I getting a little exercise and enjoying the beauty of the great outdoors!


Chance and Lori cooking us a mean chicken dinner!


Crozman and Brett working so hard. Dallin enjoying the ride! That's my boy!


Aren't they just so dang cute! We are lucky to live in such a beautiful area and have such wonderful friends!


Jenna is such a daddy's girl! She was funny, because whenever she had her life jacket on, she felt like she couldn't move.


My three little angels! I love you Jared, Jenna and Dallin!


Peek-a-boo little miss Jenna!


Check us out! We should start our own red-neck reality show!



Okay, one more thing......This was the local grocery store. I realized the batteries for my camera were dead so I decided to stop by this quaint little place. The second I pulled up, a lady from the house (see picture below) walked up to the store door with a key and opened it. I couldn't believe she was opening it just for me. The store was fully stocked, but price tags were no where to be found! It's a good thing, because I really don't think I would have paid as much for my batteries as I did! Oh well! After I was done she turned off the lights inside the store, locked the door behind us and she walked back to her house. Such a different life!

The store is on the left and her house is on the right. Brett asked if I would want to move to a little community like that. My response was a roll of the eyes and silence. Really, after 8 years of marriage do you really even need to ask such a question? I love you Brett! Happy Anniversary!

4 comments:

The Duckworth Family said...

Ho fun! And Jenna looks so cute without bangs! She is becoming quite the pretty little girl! (you know, not so much cutsie baby, but pretty young girl!)

Sunshine State Student said...

Cute Pictures! Too bad the sun went away!

Amy said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't believe how big your kiddos have gotten! Happy Anniversary!

Michelle said...

I'm with you, Kristy. I could never survive in such a small town. But it is a lot of fun to visit places like that. Looks like you had a blast!