Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to Me!!

Okay, so the snow is gone, my depression is over and I'm ready to blog again!=) This has been such a wonderful weekend. Yesterday Jenna and I had fun hosting a baby shower, cleaning the garage, shopping, and getting cleaning projects done while the boys went on a Father-and-Sons campout. Whoever planned the campout on the same weekend as Mother's Day deserves a medal! I was able to get so much done and had fun spending time playing dollies with Jenna. The boys had a blast on their campout and were so excited to tell me all about it when they got home.

Mommy spoiling continued early this morning when Dallin slipped a present under the door. At school he had made a spectacular picture frame for me with a handsome picture of himself inside. Then I was treated to a lovely heart pancake breakfast, made by Brett and the boys. I even got to eat off of the red plates!

I am the luckiest mom in the world! I received a soft pad for my lawn chair, plants for the flowerbeds and lots of beautiful cards! (Jenna was just a little unhappy this morning!)
The best present of all was having my hunk-of-a-honey make dinner for us! We had chicken with potatoes and carrots, a salad and angel food cake topped with whipped cream and strawberries! Yum! While he was busy in the kitchen, I took a nap and called my mom! Can life get any better than this?!

Oh, aren't they cute! Dallin and Jared really wanted to take the big tent, but Brett wanted the small one so they could stay warm. A compromise was made, and they ended up with the small tent inside the big tent. That gave them room to stand up and have room to hang out but kept them nice and toasty! (I swear my husband is a genius!)






They came home and told me that they didn't have any success fishing. Hmmm, I wonder why?! I mean I'm the queen of casting (ha ha) and even I can't cast my line that far! (Later they did go down and actually fish in the water!)


I sure love my boys! Jenna and I enjoyed our clean, quiet house and girl time, but we sure missed these handsome fellows!





6 comments:

Halls Family said...

Kristy, you look awesome!! I can totally tell that you have lost weight. I love the picture of you and the kids, Dallin such a ham and Jenna...well she is a ham in her own kind of way!~ I am so glad that your snow is gone and that you had such a fun weekend. My boys have their campout next weekend. Have a great week.
Love,
Cherilyn

Cheryl said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend!! What a thoughtful bunch of guys you have around there!!

Looks like it was a beautiful day too!!

Lots of love!!

Shannon said...

Dallin is cracking me up in that first picture. :) What cute kids you have!

Tammy said...

Cherilyn stole my comment! You look fantastic! What a pretty place to go camping. Steve's planning on taking our older kids Memorial Day. Glad you had a peaceful Mother's Day!

Fullmer Family said...

Hey Brett & Kristy!! I just barely added your Blog to ours!! I've been slacking since we got your holiday card! No excuse. I have loved looking through your pix. You guys look great! I know we always say this, but we really need to get together...I'm with you - FINALLY THE SNOW IS GONE!! Yippee!! :) Keep in touch.

Smedley Family said...

Hey Guys! Glad to find you! Hope you don't mind, but I linked you on my blog to keep up with you guys. Your kids are getting so big and so cute! -Lisa